Tuesday, July 30, 2013

TIMES OF CELEBRATION

We have had a few reasons to celebrate lately.  On Sunday I turned 43 years old.  I don't much get bothered by the age thing. When I turned thirty I was a little antsy about it, but 40 was not a big deal at all.  And now 43 is pretty damn cool.  I'm thinking it might be because I have a newfound career I love and I have five pain in the ass wonderful kids to keep me young.

For my birthday we went out to breakfast because we found we had a bit of money and some coupons but then we realized we were out of food money so I couldn't get a cake.  That's okay though because it helped me get down to 15 pounds total lost!!! (And don't worry, it's okay that our food budget was gone because we already had all of our breakfasts/lunches/dinners bought for the month.  We are far from starving!)

We were supposed to grill for my birthday dinner but The Hubs and Gwen spent all day outside with the neighbor trying to fix a car lock.  So we didn't have time to make the potatoes and the pork chops didn't get thawed so we had one of my least favorite dinners but that's okay because again it contributed to my fifteen pound weight loss!!!

One of my favorite blog pictures I live it, my characters live it.
Overall it was a decent birthday.  There were a few moments when I wanted to throttle a few people, but overall, we did good.

The second thing we celebrated was me finishing my latest novel!  Book three in my five book romance series is done!!!  All I have left is a bit of typing (since I handwrite my novels instead of typing them) and then it will be time for editing.  This story is very personal to me and very intense so I am feeling super drained now.  I have to pull things together and get it done so I can release it next month.  I can't, I can't I can't I can I can I can. I will!

Gwen and The Hubs and I will first tear it apart and then my other two beta readers will get ahold of it and then it will be sent to final editing.  I can't wait until it is done and published.  I think I will cherish it forever.  It is a complete labor of love that reduced me to tears more than once.  I can't wait for all of you to read it. I will have a release date soon.

The third thing we are celebrating is 15,000 page views here on the blog.  It has slowed way down, but I can't complain for the amount of effort I have put into it lately.  Between the kids, my hips and the novel, it is hard to put this first, but I will try to continue to entertain you.  (This is a bit late, we are actually at almost 16,000 now!)

Until Next Time...CELEBRATE EVERYTHING IN LIFE.  Period. End. Of. Story.

No comments: