Friday, August 2, 2013

THE EXCITEMENT OF GETTING READY FOR BACK TO SCHOOL!!!

Well, it's that time again. Nope, not time for school quite yet, but it sure is time to get ready for school. And there is so much to do.

First we need to get Mr. Insane ready for school. I taught him his ABC's years ago but now he isn't grasping them so much.  That is why I will never again teach a child under the age of 3.5 anything of importance. The chance that they will have academic trouble later in life is too great, but that is a story for another time.

Miss Crazy is going to be the easy one this year. Just buy her school supplies (OMG so many needed and little money to do it on. I miss my old district where you needed pencil's paper and crayons...the end) and send her on her way.

The Sophomore has to go to schedule change day because they were once again stupid and gave my kids a teacher I will not allow them to have.  Gwen had one history teacher who didn't teach fact, but his opinion and tried to convert everyone to his political party.  Yeah, not putting up with that crap. He passed all the jocks so he was allowed to stay until he retired a couple years ago.  As for The Sophomore, she had a teacher last year who only went by test scores not previous experience or recommendations from other teachers. So the minute she stepped into this woman's classroom, not quite meeting the test scores, she was doomed and when the woman found out she was autistic well it just got worse.  I guess the teachers in this district aren't taught that autistic kids can be brilliant just like other kids.  So The Sophomore kind of stopped trying in her class and couldn't put up with the treatment so we had her drop with the official reason of teacher conflict.  Well, she got her schedule yesterday and guess who her math teacher is again???  Yep, isn't going to happen on my watch.  I usually let teachers do their job and teach, If my kid gets in trouble or a bad grade it is because they deserved it, but this isn't about grades or discipline. These two are just horrible and I truly believe they are two of the few teacher's I've met in the is district who really can't teach. And then there will be registration which will be a fight because they broke her computer and are trying to charge us for repairs. Yeah, again, it isn't gonna happen.

Then we get to Gwen.  She has books to buy ...OMG have you seen the price of text books lately?  Holy cow, easily double what I spent in college twenty years ago! RIDICULOUS. We will probably get her a few school supplies because her scholarship doesn't cover them and then it is off to college with her! How exciting. She gets to experience the joys of long boring lectures, long exciting lectures, crazy professors and the indescribable feeling of being part of a college community.  Damn, now I'm jealous, can I go back to college??? ;)

So, as we go broke shopping for  paper, pens, pencils, crayons, rulers, pencil boxes, kleenex, hand sanitizer, erasers, glue, calculators, dry erase markers, highlighters, colored pencils, scissors, and school clothes (And yes those are all actual supplies that we have to buy for all four kids - The elementary supplies just times by two) we are also a bit excited because of all of the fun and crazy adventures four of our five will have starting later this month.  Kindergarten and college adventures for the first time, second grade and sophomore adventures, just continuing along.  And then there will be me at home with only one child. My last baby. As the tears begin to fall at this bittersweet moment I get sad of course and excited too.  My baby and I will have such fun together but in a few short years it will be just me. And then the tears will really fall.  Heck don't be surprised if I'm writing novels every week at that time because what else am I to do without a kid at home.

Until Next Time...No matter how much something bothers you, if any part of it gives you joy don't deny it, embrace it!  Back to school is like that for me.  I hate the district and I miss my kids (sometimes) but dang the whole back to school excitement thing is just indescribable!!!!

No comments: