Friday, August 30, 2013

A KICK IN THE PANTS!

First order of business is to let everyone know that I just can't keep up with this blog, writing, the kids and my health issues as things stand now.  So I will be cutting this blog back to two days a week -- Monday and Thursday.  I know I've said that in the past, but this time, for the sake of my sanity, I just have to. It is getting to be way too much to do everything as it stands.  But change is good right?  It helps us grow as human beings. :) And I may occasionally do extra posts.  I think I might start posting reviews of books I read or hosting blogger interviews on occasion.



Well as of right now everyone is relatively healthy.  We have a few sniffles but I think that is more because of  Fall allergies than anything else.  Strep hasn't reared it's ugly head again, but then again I don't know what the incubation period is or if it can lay dormant for awhile and then strike again.  Sigh...School germs should be outlawed right???

You ever get to a point in life where there is just nothing going on.  At least nothing to talk about.  We have school and work and that's it.  Sure, the kids are all being buttheads (especially to each other) and I dread from like 6:30 - 9:00 every night because there is tons of fighting, screaming, crying and overall nastiness that I just can't seem to get a handle on yet.  The kids are still so fed up with each other from their summer together that when they are forced into the same room for homework and chores it just explodes.  As with every other year I expect things to ease off after they have been back in school for at least a month. (At least I sure as hell hope so.  That's the way it has been in the past. Except in the past they didn't usually get that bad with each other during the summer.) Ah crap I sure hope this isn't the new norm.  If it is, do any of you have room for a broken housewife/mom/writer? Because I'll need a place to go!!!

The Hubs is working, I'm writing/marketing/blogging/reading and reviewing and the kids are going to school. Everyone is relatively healthy, the kids are fighting, the weather is too damn hot still and life goes on.  I'm feeling a bit of boredom setting in. (NOTE TO THE HIGHER POWER: This post does not in anyway mean that I want a major illness, problem at school, or problem at work to spice things up!!! Although I could go for a best seller status, tons of popularity, excellent achievements in school for the kids, and a pay raise for The Hubs)  Speaking of which...

1. THIS WILL NOT JINX ME, THIS WILL NOT JINX ME, THIS WILL NOT JINX ME - The boy is doing wonderful in kindergarten.  I think he is having trouble making friends, but what do you expect when you spent five years with the most bossy female companions on the planet and the last two years with the most awful pain in the butt bad influences from across the street.  He has great behavior reports (He has been on Pink 3 times so far in the first two weeks (Pink is the best) and has never once dipped below the green.  I was so worried because he can be a whiney butt, meanie butt, bad boy when he is home but he loves school and knows he must behave for others. THIS WILL NOT JINX ME, THIS WILL NOT JINX ME, THIS WILL NOT JINX ME ;)

2. As soon as the department The Hubs works in now gets a doctor to supply exams to their customers he will get more hours and as soon as he finishes some training and does some testing he will get a pay raise!!! This is a statement of fact so I'm not worried about the whole Jinx factor...well not AS worried.

3. I might not be a NY times best seller, but when I had my free giveaway weekend I made it to #14 in romantic comedy on Amazon, I think that means I could be well on my way to that bestseller status.  And of course popularity will follow. ;)  I have also been getting some great reviews (and yes, I realize that not all of them will be great, but they sure do feel good to read and tell people about) Oh, and I had my best selling month yet!  We broke our previous record a couple of days ago!!! And I'm worried as hell about the jinx factor with this one but you know what?  You and I both are tired of me writing that whole ALL CAPS Jinx chant so just know that I'm thinking it as I write this. :)

Until Next Time...When life get's boring make Lemonade.  No, I'm serious, make some lemonade and enjoy a few quiet moments of joy (or tea, or coffee, or any other beverage you like). ENJOY THE BORING TIMES because sometimes when life gets a kick in the pants, it's not always a good thing!!!

No comments: