Monday, September 2, 2013

FAMILY DINNERS AND HOMEWORK TIME!

So, if you haven't noticed, we have a new look.  For some reason after a few months, the old look was starting to aggravate my migraines again. I'm thinking maybe it was the black background.  So we will see how this works.

We had the most awesome family dinner last night! It's not often you enjoy choking, water flying out of mouths and tears flowing freely. But all of this is awesome when it happens because of laughter. And why is this such a big deal you might ask?  Because it hasn't happened in a long, long time. The last time I remember was July 25, 2012. Before that date it happened all.the.time! After then, not so much.  We would have some decent dinners and sometimes they would be pretty fun, but not the all out hilarious, love filled, family bonding dinner like last night.  I missed them. We all missed them. And hopefully they will continue for a long time to come. By the time we were done, Gwen's chest hurt, The Sophomore was practically dehydrated from having to stop drinking so she wouldn't spit it out everywhere and my sides/ribs ached. It totally restored my belief that if you work TOGETHER as a family team, you can have a near perfect life no matter what crap gets thrown your way.  We haven't been working as a team in over a year now and I hope we continue to progress. It is quite a shock when one minute you are a strong family and within a week, a couple of unwilling attention seeking fibs can change everything.

I hope back to school is going good for everyone! It is going pretty good here so far.  Tomorrow starts week number three for us. (Except Gwen - starts week 2 for her)  Hopefully we will be getting into a groove concerning homework. Right now it is just a huge mess.  Usually there are three, sometimes four people trying to do homework all at once and it can get kind of hectic. I wish we had room for desks for everyone but we don't so Mr. Insane has to sit near whoever is helping him and Miss Crazy sits near who is helping her (And no dear family of mine. I will not help both of them at the same time anymore. Talk about losing your mind!). But when it is over and baths are taken and chores are topped off, the littles go to bed and the house is eerily quiet except for the sound of my kindle playing music for Little Butt and the xbox screeching at The Hubs. It is the time of day when I feel most at peace...for about ten minutes until I start working or get involved in an exciting new read. But it's enough to refresh me for what will come the next night. Sort of. In a way. A bit...you get the gist. ;)

Until Next Time...Never give up hope.  If you work hard enough and try your best, things will come around and your crazy upside down world will come back into focus.  It may never be exactly the same, but it will be good, maybe even better. <3

P.S. I am doing book reviews and sometimes author interviews etc. on my writer's blog now!  I did my first review the other day and it was so much fun!  I hope to have another review up tomorrow!!! Check it out http://www.writerjjellis.com

No comments: