Thursday, September 26, 2013

AUTUMN - A SEASON OF BEAUTY

Fall is definitely here.  You know, that time of year where the temperature bounces up and down and up and down and the sun shines bright, the wind howls, the snow/sleet flies occasionally  (at least here in WY).  We have been having those crisp cool evenings and mornings for a while now. My kids have been wearing sweaters/light jackets to school off and on for a few weeks.

But heloooooo we are about to get a taste of what this fall thing is all about. Yesterday was near 80 and then the storms moved in and by ten p.m. we were in the forties. Today we aren't supposed to get over 55 with rain moving in and then we will have freezing rain overnight. Then tomorrow we aren't supposed to get above 43 with a frozen mix.  And then over the next few days we are supposed to climb back into the seventies. Yep, fall is here!!!

We will have the heater on one day and the a/c the next and EVERYONE will be getting sick.  Yep, weather changes bring on the sickies whether it be colds or allergies. I am so looking forward to that...NOT!!! But just like every year, we will manage.

Now here is the kicker...FALL IS MY FAVORITE SEASON! I bet you thought I hate fall didn't ya? All of the weather changes, the sickies etc. is enough to drive a mom insane right! But no, I love it.  I hate the heat so when I get that nice gentle (at first) cool down. And those nice cool breezes on still warm days I am happy as a clam<<< Where did that saying come from anyway?  And now that I don't live in the deserts of Southern Nevada (HOME) I get to experience the wonder and beauty of leaves changing colors. It's starting already, just a bit here and there. But after this cold snap, those colors are going to be popping out everywhere and Casper is going to be a beauty lover's paradise. And then pretty soon the leaves will drop and the permanent cold will settle in and then the first real snow will fall and my beautiful Autumn will be over. But then there is spring to look forward to...those first gentle (at first) warm afternoons. And those nice warm breezes...Ah!

Until Next Time...What is your favorite season? And why?
Leave a comment or drop me a note!

No comments: