Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I HATE CELL PHONES

So, I woke up and touched my cell phone and it was burning hot! Then I noticed the screen had marks on it like it was shattered.  And then I noticed that it hadn't charged all the way.  So you'd think they would be concerned that it could have caused a fire in my house and made my hand sore  or that I don't have a phone to use.  But nope, they did their usual.  They made me do a hard reset which sapped what battery I had left and now I can't see if it worked.  Come on people it is an electrical problem, it didn't work.  Sheesh.

So, next step is to take it to the UPS store and ship it to them.  Okay people, your phone dangerously malfunctioned and you want me to wait 2-3 weeks to have a phone again.  I don't think so.  Damn it I need a phone, I have 5 kids and I need to keep track of them. The easiest way to do that is through my cell phone. Oh and did I mention it's not even a smartphone???

I knew I would rue the day I ever bought one.  I was one of the last people on earth to get a cell  phone I think. Mostly because of the deposit they always wanted.  But then once our financial situation started looking up and I asked what the deposit would be and for the first time ever they said ZERO. Well, after that The Hubs and I just had to get one especially because we were living in a new place and it was nice to know I could get ahold of him anytime I needed to.  We were in a scary, new, bigger city after all. ;)

My current piece of c**p
Little did I know it would be a lifesaver for me having an autistic child. If she had a problem at school I could get the call no matter where I was.  I was finally free from my house!!! It truly was nice, I hated having the school call me.  They didn't believe that she was possibly autistic and thought her problems were from a bad home life so if they called I needed to be on top of it at all times to kind of redirect their thinking (They still don't consider her academically autistic because she is high functioning and highly intelligent, but that is a story for another day.)

And then the teen years hit and as soon as we could afford it, the two oldest got phones.  Now that was nice, I could keep track of them without being intrusive and it was nice being able to converse with them anytime, anywhere. And if they had hid something (they do that a lot) I could just text them and say "where the hell is my______)  Life was good.

And now, I hate cell phones because my life is a pain in the a** without one!  I truly don't know how I managed. I am afraid to go anywhere, what if I get a flat tire, I will be stuck out in the heat trying to make it to someplace that has a phone for me to use.  UNACCEPTABLE ;)  If I want to text my husband or my kids, I can't. If I want to call a friend when I'm feeling down or when blogger is pissing me off, I can't.  Damn technology!!!

Until Next Time... What electronic are you addicted to?  I could do without my computer although work wouldn't get done. And I could do without the TV although I would get lonely without the noise. I could live without my kindle although I would have to spend too much money on books. But you know what I can't live without my darn cell phone.  Well played technology, well played.

No comments: