Wednesday, July 3, 2013

MY KIDS THINK I'M STUPID - WARNING WARNING - RANT FORTHCOMING

When I make a threat my kids don't believe that I will follow through with it. I guess because they usually straighten up just in time to avoid the worst.  But this time something seems different.  I don't think  they believe that I have arranged to have their phones turned off on Friday unless I cancel the order. All they have to do is keep up with their chores and catch up on the ones they are behind on.

They have until Friday and I told them about it on Monday and they have done nothing but sit on their butts and play on the computer. This is going to get fun. I will also be disconnecting wireless internet and taking the modem for myself.

It seems that I have one child who thinks she is 18 already and paying rent so she doesn't have to help out with daily tasks around the house. Tsk Tsk Tsk.  She is still under 18 and pays absolutely no rent so she helps out whether she wants to or not. So I guess on Friday she will lose her communication device to the outside world. No skin off my back, but maybe she will learn a lesson - or maybe not. Only time will tell. (Oh and the phone still has to be paid for even if service is suspended)

And it seems like I have another child who thinks she only has to help out if everyone else does their share.  I don't care if the other kids don't do their job as long as long as she does hers she will be fine. But if everyone isn't all working at the same time she has a freak fit. Frankly, I'm so tired of all this crap.  Do the job you were assigned or asked to do and be done with it.  Everybody has different schedules you don't have to all work at the same time!!!!

The sad part is, it's not that much work - some dishes, some laundry and some simple pick up divided between 5-6 people. 1/2 an hour per day if there are no chores to catch up on. And of course there is their bathroom. I can't even go in there without gagging so I insist they clean it themselves.  If they want to be pigs, they are old enough to deal with it!

We do have the little ones try to help a bit with general pick up after all they are part of the mess making crew. But you know they are only 5 and 6 so if I feel like letting them play outside rather than  spend ten minutes picking up then that is my prerogative.  I won't be so lenient when they are older but they will still have plenty of opportunity to be kids.  And what pisses me off the most, and I don't think the older ones realize I know this, is that they have slowly tried to turn their chores over to the little ones.  I'm sorry 5 and 6 are way too young to have that responsibility so I won't put up with it.  EVERYBODY in this house has their responsibilities and they damn sight better do it and not try to pawn it off on someone else.  And I'm sorry, if you constantly get the baby to want you so you can get out of chores, don't complain when she wants your attention all the damn time.  You need to live with it!!! You create a monster and it becomes your lover, your best friend, your responsibility....PERIOD. END OF STORY!

Until Next Time...It is natural for kids to think their parents are stupid, but that doesn't mean that we as parents can't teach them how it really is. I've been alive almost 43 years, you've been alive under 20, you do the math.

HEALTH UPDATE - Feeling good physically but still can't do the diet because of the problem with my throat.  Have to pop way too many pills and have a hard time eating sometimes.  Sigh....I'll get there someday.

No comments: