Thursday, July 25, 2013

PINCH ME I MUST BE DREAMING

My two oldest beauties and my only little man <3
Despite a horrendous headache, I've had one of the best days I've had in a long time.  First I got to sleep in a bit and then I took Gwen to the doctor where her heart was given a clean bill of health.  Talk about relieved!  And then we came home to a relaxing afternoon.

The two oldest played a new game that Gwen bought on the xbox (Hey, they took turns and got along for the first time in forever, what mom wouldn't be happy!)

I went into my room where it was comfortable (i.e. freezing cold!)  to write and I got a decent amount done before falling into a semi sleep.  It felt wonderful because I haven't really napped in a long time.

Then when I woke up we had one of our signature dishes for dinner. (Egg noodles w/gravy, salad and veggies) and the kids started chores.  They got a lot of the outside done (We have to be done by the 29th so we won't be fined) and the inside is looking somewhat decent - Is it time for a room re-arrange so I can feel the house is clean again?  Just might be! But shhhh don't tell the kids ;)  And if you have no idea what I am talking about, read this blog http://www.brokenwifeandmom.com/2012/11/clean-living-room-eh-who-needs-itme.html
Cheesy smiles and missing teeth :)

After chores, the older two were working on some top secret project together - I'm thinking it might have been a writing project which makes me proud! And then Gwen started giving Little Butt a piggy back ride and of course that means the other two littles had to have some too.  They all had such a great time but poor Gwen was exhausted!  I wish I could do that with the kids, but at least I have someone who is willing. :)

Once we determined that Gwen was done for, they settled down to play with her hair.  Poor girl had three different kids pulling on her head in three different ways so eventually it became a hair party.  One was working on Gwen, one on The Sophomore, and one on me.  I tell ya, my hair hasn't felt this smooth in a long time. :)

So now tempers are starting to flare and I'm sure my good day is about to end, but hey we had fun while
it lasted right???  I haven't seen much of this fun and camaraderie in my house lately so I will take it when I can get it and right now I'm the happiest mama in the world!
Always on the go and good for making everyone smile :)

Until Next time...Don't ever give up hope, things you think aren't possible anymore really can be!


No comments: