Thursday, October 24, 2013

THE MEAN MOM

We cancelled Halloween (and most likely Thanksgiving & Christmas) in our house last night. I was at my wit's end and I wasn't sure what else to do. Mr. Insane and Miss Crazy were both being little buttheads. We tried everything - grounding, timeouts, taking away favorite things and nothing was working. It was like someone had slipped my kids some 'bad' juice.  They haven't played with the neighbor brats in days, but then again they did see one of them outside yesterday so maybe the brattiness rubbed off from across the street???  Whatever the case was, we had to go to drastic measures.

Of course it isn't going to work right away because they think "oh, if I be good for an hour, mom will give it back." Haha not this time!!! I am FED UP.  They will not be getting Halloween back unless they can prove to me they deserve it back, and a final decision will not be made until dinner time on October 31st.  This is my favorite time of year and my three favorite holidays and I somehow don't think they will be much fun this year. :( Although, I will still decorate and stuff, that will make it worse when no Santa presents show up, I think.  Yes, I am a mean mom, but I demand respect and at least somewhat decent behavior from my kids (I know all kids misbehave, but there has to be a limit)

But I am prepared to stick by my decision because I really have had it with the back talking and such. Their neighborhood friends get away with it so they think they can.  Ummmm no. If I would have talked to my parents like that I would have gotten my ass whipped and I never would have done it again. So, here is hoping that this experiment in parenting works.  - You keep misbehaving, you don't get to go trick or treating and gorge yourself on candy. Keep it up even longer and we will have hot dogs and mac and cheese for Thanksgiving dinner. Keep it up after that and there will be no "Santa Visit", no watching Christmas cartoons every night and we will have potato stroganoff for Christmas dinner. (The two kids in question here hate that dish!!!)


Until Next Time...Stick to your guns! If you give in, the lesson will never be learned. I will miss these holidays if we have to give them up, but hopefully my kids will learn a lesson and become better people for it.

No comments: