Monday, March 25, 2013

PATIENCE - THOUGHT I HAD IT

Want to know what is scary as hell? We gave away over 400 books in our free weekend promo and that means, excluding friends who bought them, there are about 400 strangers who now know my name and own one of my books!!!! Aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!! Now lets just hope a good number of them leave reviews on Amazon and Goodreads so my rank goes up and my book is more visible and I can sell some!!! I'm not in this for the money, obviously, but it would be nice to make back my initial investment.....haha!
I never expected that many free books to 'sell'. When I look for free romance books on Amazon there are so many that I get tired of looking after about the first ten pages or so. I'm not sure how people found my book, but they sure did. There were only two countries in Amazon's network that didn't buy any books. I was shocked that people in France, Italy, Spain, England etc were interested in my little books.

At least now I know that people find the subject matter interesting because I know for me, if the subject doesn't sound interesting, I won't get the book even if it is free. I just needed a little exposure and that exposure was the word "free" attached to my book. Now if I get the reviews, people might see that it is worth the money to actually buy it!

Now it is just wait and see. I've read articles where people said it takes a week to a month to start noticing results from free giveaways. I can be a patient person when I need to be. I hope this is one of those times that I can be the most patient person on the planet because if I can't, it isn't going to be fun in my house. I'll get moody and start second guessing myself (all while writing book two in my series) and the kids will notice. I might get a bit snippy if I'm feeling down enough (yeah, my mood is what makes me snippy and not the kids themselves...right?)

Of course I will have to try to stop myself from checking my statistics multiple times a day, although again, patience comes in handy for that too. I tend to check things over and over until I go insane. If I can check them maybe once a day or even once every other day I think maybe that would help. (Yeah, don't count on it, but at least I'm trying right?)

I tend to have patience for some things more than others. My kids, yeah as long as they aren't being overly obtuse, I have a lot of patience for them. Waiting for a package to come or to find out how many page views I've had - not so much. I have been know to track my packages obsessively ( kind of like when I found out a Kindle Fire gift was being sent to me) and I have been known to check my blog stats every half hour.

Okay so as I write this I am learning something about myself. I don't have nearly as much patience as I thought. What the heck. I always considered myself to be a very patient person but really there are only some situations when I have any patience. Oh boy. Now I must reconsider my whole life. ;)

Until Next Time...Beware of writing blog posts. You might just learn something new about yourself. No really what I want to say is that you should try your hardest to have patience. Being impatient can cause a lot of trouble, heartache and craziness...Hey, maybe that's why I'm so crazy...hmmm something else to think about. :D


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stole your patience ha ha

Unknown said...

Why yes Shooter you did steal some of it. Your spawn stole the rest. LMAO <3 You!

Christy said...

So, I just think you're a rockstar for HAVING a book to giveaway on Amazon. Rock it sista!

Unknown said...

Aww Thanks Christy! :)