Friday, March 1, 2013

NOTHING TO WRITE ABOUT...EXCEPT...

I have no clue what to write about so I just opened up a post and started typing.  It isn't that I am not inspired today, because I have had a wonderful day and am inspired by a lot.  I have received the electronic proof of my book and am waiting for the hard copy to get here.  I have found things I didn't like and have made the changes that are needed. If I like the cover and other physical aspects of the book I will be publishing sometime in the next week.  How exciting is that! And quite inspiring.

I MIGHT GIVE A HINT (IN PICTURES) ABOUT MY UPCOMING ROMANCE NOVEL AT THE END OF THIS POST

My kids are being, well, my kids.  They aren't doing anything out of the ordinary - good or bad.  They are just being themselves.  You know, The Senior and Freshman are fighting all the damn time as usual and I'm about ready to kick them both to the curb (okay not really, but it makes me feel better when I actually use the words.) Miss Crazy is suffering from Middle child syndrome, which she has been for awhile and we are doing what we can to ease it. (see child attached to my side whenever possible)  Mr. Insane is being, um, insane?  He is loud (extraordinarily so) He loves all things weapons, fighting and superheroes and for once I wish I didn't have to listen to him do weapon sound effects! (I want to banish him to his room until he is ready for college, but that just wouldn't be nice.) And Miss Little Butt is driving me up a wall with her attitude (Jeez older girls, I wonder where she got that from! Knock it off or I'll kick you to the curb! Dang it felt even better to say that a second time) And do you know what the worst part of her attitude is now?  It is the speech.  That girl can talk back now!!! The moment all parents dread.  I am spending most of my time these days being disciplinarian. (Okay, most of my time is spent working on the novel, but the rest of it is spent disciplining my kids so maybe, someday, they will grow up to be civilized adults)

What inspired me to write the paragraph about my brats wonderful darling children?  Well you see, Spring break starts at 3:45 tomorrow and I am going to have to be with them all day every day for a week (I won't mention that my wonderful husband will be on vacation and home the whole time too -- oops, I just did!) All I can say is that the weather better be nice enough for them to go outside sometimes or I'm gonna flip my Shiz. Really, try being locked in the house with six other people for a week because you can't afford to go anywhere to get away. We have our spring break so early here that we usually still have snow on the ground and freezing temperatures.  Who the hell ever thought of that?  NCSD has their heads so far up their hineys...but that is another story for another day.

Believe me, In the end I won't complain too much (more) because I will have help at home and I won't have to get my aching hips in and out of the car to chauffeur them to or from school. But seriously, if they fight all. the. damn. time. I am going to lock them myself in a dungeon and they  I will not be seen until they are old enough to move out and get married (was thinking college, but then they tend to come back too often)

Wish me luck folks!  This next week will be a true test of my endurance (and sanity)

Until next time...During spring break, winter break, summer break etc.  Remember you love your kids and hopefully you will survive, and if you don't, at least you will get a nice, happy, quiet place to be :p

Aspects, themes and ideas about the novel! :)

10 comments:

Kristi Campbell said...

Oh, yeah, I wish you LOTS of luck. Not that you'll need, it because you're totally awesome but because, well, you'll need it. Not sure if your husband being on vacation AT HOME the whole time is a good thing or a bad thing. I'll say good, as you can tag-team more. You know, when you lock yourself in the bathroom and pretend to shower but really read other blogs and play on facebook and stuff. Maybe some Scramble with Friends.
I hope the weather will be nice so they can all hang out outdoors!

Unknown said...

Spring Break? Whoever came up with that name obviously did not have to spend the entire time with multiple children. More like Spring Hell for the parents! I dread it and Christmas break every year, cause 2 days into it, all I hear is... "We don't have anything to do..." And don't even get me started on summer!!!! LOL! Giving you some love with the Moms who write and blog!

Unknown said...

Thanks! I need all the luck I can get. LOL The husband being home is good sometimes and bad sometimes, I have no clue how it will be this week. haha. So far so good with the weather - the kids were actually outside playing today. Wooo Hooo :)

Unknown said...

I agree completely. The three worst times of the year! LOL Thanks for stopping by! :)

JenKehl.com said...

I know this isn't what this is about, but I am really proud of you, and super impressed that you have finished your novel. If I wasn't homeschooling a child who needs my constant attention at this point, I would take a page out of your book (well, not literally) man am I tired. Anyway, don't kill your kids, it's a felony. So is locking them in a dungeon and/or duct taping their mouths. Good luck.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much! And I must say this made my whole morning! :) The kids are still happy and healthy, we still have seven days to go though. ;)

Unknown said...

I'm confident that you will survive! Although warm weather would be helpful! Best of luck to the six of you...

Unknown said...

Thank you! We are in the high 40's today which is very warm for us. haha :)

Lisa Nolan said...

Oh, I don't envy you! We are so lucky here in sunny California, plus I only have one child (it feels like three some days). Hubby home, too? Oh brother!

Unknown said...

Yeah! It has been quite an adventure to say the least! I am surviving though. :)