Friday, January 4, 2013

I LOVE HER...NO MATTER WHAT

Today was rough. You know, one of those days where you feel as if you are truly broken and will never be fixed again. It was one of those days where you actually want to go back in time and change everything. Or at least it makes you wish you had a pack of cigarettes and a couple of shots of whiskey. And I don't drink or smoke!!! But you know I was tempted to give it a shot (pun intended).

 It all started with a girl problem that I won't get into on here, but it basically makes me feel like death and it really makes functioning even harder than it normally is. Then add on top of that a little girl who wakes up and does NOT want to get dressed, so by the time I struggle her into the clothes we are already about 15 minutes later than usual. And then she refuses to step foot out the door unless I am carrying her - down the stairs covered in snow. For those of you who read my introductory blog post, you know I have physical problems that keep me from lifting my baby doll too often let alone carrying her through ice and snow. So we drop Miss Crazy off to school and get home.  My hips feel like they have been through the ringer and since I don't have cigarettes or whiskey in the house and it is only 8:30 am, I get on the computer and work on all of my social media stuff. I actually come thisclose to quitting Facebook entirely. (But I couldn't do that to my fans).

Fast Forward a bit to after lunch. I am so relieved that things have been going smoothly and I start to relax. Big Huge Humongous Gargantuan mistake on my part. Little Butt decides she wants to follow me to the bathroom. Not a problem, I don't know what I would do if I didn't have a kid in there watching me pee :/ However, miss decides she gets to try first.  I put her on and she doesn't go. Yay, it is my turn and I have really got to go. She puts all of her weight on the toilet seat and won't let me lift it.  I have to physically pick her up and move her just so I can go to the bathroom. That starts the whole scream/tantrum cycle. Everything being done, I try to leave the bathroom. Yeah, not so easy when you have a screaming, tantruming almost 2 year old blocking the door and your hip is screaming in pain. So, I finally pull a Houdini and get out of the bathroom and I lie on my bed to stretch that hip.  She cries the whole time and when I get up to go back into the bathroom (part of the girl problem I mentioned earlier) she is right there at the toilet not letting me raise the seat, so we do everything I described above all over again.

By now it is time to pick The Shooter up from work and since Little Butt is a nudist that means getting a diaper, pants and shoes on her.  I am determined to make her walk out this time so I don't have to carry her.  I don't know if I even have the ability to carry her anymore at this point.  She will not let me dress her.  She runs from me, I can't chase her. I lure her over and she struggles so hard I hear my hip pop. Finally I just have to get going and I am hurting so much that I pick her and her pants and shoes up and carry her out to the car in just a diaper and long sleeved shirt. It is 22 degrees.  She was not even phased. I get her hooked into the car (barely as I almost pass out) and put a blanket over her little legs and turn the heater on high. I climb in the car praying that I can actually lift my right leg to drive.  Yay!!!! I'm not totally out yet you damn stupid hip. I CAN STILL DRIVE - barely.

So what is the point of this post you ask? Other than to entertain you, because come on it is funny seeing a 2 year old get the best of a 42 year old three times in one day right.  Hey I laughed so you can too.  No, my point to this post is about the amazing healing power of the heart. I told a 'friend' from a social network site about the happenings and she was so angry and told me that she would have been mad at the child for weeks and that she probably would have been cussing the child out to everyone who would listen for a long time (she doesn't cuss out the child though thank God) I just don't understand.
  • Was I angry with her - yes. 
  • Did I show that to her - no. 
  • Was I frustrated? - yes with her and with me and my 'broken' parts. 
  • Did I complain to my friends - yes of course, but I did it in a kind of way that was like 'OMG guess what kind of day I had!' not 'Stupid tantruming kid'
  • Do I blame Little Butt for the renewed bad state of my hips? No absolutely not, I am a mom and it is my job to have to pick her up sometimes so if I get hurt again then so be it. 
So, you might ask what was going through my mind during this whole episode. Well truthfully I was thinking things like:
  • Is the baby okay, why is she acting like this, is it because her sisters went back to school today, is it because she is still mad at me for weaning her, is she hurting from her 2 year molars?
  • What am I going to do if my back totally goes out. I still have a husband and kids to pick up and what if the two little ones here at home need me, will I be able to be there for them?
  • God, I love this crying, screaming little baby so much. Please help us through this rough day and let us come out on the other side, alive and well.
Now normally after crying and meltdowns like that she likes to snuggle, but that hasn't been the norm as of late (ever since weaning). All I wanted to do was hold her and love on her.  She wouldn't let me of course. When we went to pick up The Shooter, she fell asleep in the car and he carried her into the house for me and laid her next to me on our bed.  I took that opportunity to snuggle, love and kiss on her before falling asleep holding her hand.  My heart that was broken from having to listen to her scream and cry so much was instantly healed.


Until next time...In the times of anger and hardship while parenting, please remember the love. It WILL pull you through.

10 comments:

AMothersLove said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love each and everyone of your blogs. I sat down the other day and read every single one of them! You have a natural talent for writing. Its beyond me how you are so creative!

Madison'sMommy said...

I think every Mom should read this blog. Young or old. Broken or not! I still am amazed how you seem to think so clearly! Luckily My DH is home most of the time, huh? BTW, you have a beautiful family. Each of them are unique, beautiful individuals. Even the baby has a great personality already! They must have some great parents!

Shandell93 said...

I love it! I love reading your blogs. I miss you guys, and this kind of keeps my informed on how all of you are doing! Keep posting more, and I will keep reading!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much! You made me cry happy tears.:D This is what every writer wants to hear. And you are the first to really say it. <3

Unknown said...

Thank you so much! This is what every mother wants to hear. Your comment totally warms my heart and I thank you for that. I hope I have and will continue to do right by my kids :) I wasn't always such a clear thinker, it has taken years of practice. <3

Unknown said...

Thank you sweetie! We miss you too. You will have to come visit some day. I will definitely keep posting more and I look forward to keeping you updated :) <3

Shandell93 said...

Ive been working on coming down this summer when the girls are out of school. I see you are getting such positive feedback on your blog! #proud :) I look forward to reading more <3

Unknown said...

We would love that! So far so good with the blog :)<3

Lisa Nolan said...

What a difficult path you are on, HAVING A TODDLER! If you ever want to read my stuff on toddlers, go here http://montessoriconfessions.blogspot.com/search/label/toddlers, I don't know if it will help at all. (I suffered through my son's toddler years--I say years because he has Down syndrome and he was delayed, so lucky me got to have a toddler for oh, about THREE YEARS! (He's 8 now, so everything's cool, ha.)

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the link! I am definitely going to check it out. I have been through the toddler years many times, but each time they throw something new into the mix! I am always open for new stories and ideas. Thanks again! <3