Monday, November 11, 2013

DID THE 6TH BIRTHDAY GO OFF WITHOUT A HITCH?

Time completely got away from me last week. Between the pain I was in, a birthday, doctor visits/shots for some of the kids, and bustin A on NaNoWriMo, I have been crazy busy.  I totally forgot to do a Thursday blog. But then I probably would have had to wait until Friday anyway because what I wanted to write about was my Son's 6th birthday. I can not believe my little boy (who was supposed to be my last child) is six already.  Time is marching way too fast. How am a going to feel when my actual last child turns six....shhh shhh don't talk about that yet!!! Oh wait, that was me. Hmmm, okay I won't talk about that yet.  Her turning three soon will be hard enough!

We had an Angry Birds cake (I don't see the appeal, but the kids love those little flappers). He got three presents - One on the kindle and then two hands on gifts. (Plus the one his sister got him) He chose his birthday dinner which was Grilled Hot Dogs and Mac and Cheese. It was overall a great time. Have you read my blog about how we celebrate birthdays on the cheap ( http://www.brokenwifeandmom.com/2012/11/trick-your-child.html)

It just seemed so weird having my boy in school during his birthday and I have no clue why because Gwen was always in school during hers.  But The Sophomore and Miss Crazy have their birthdays during 'no school' time as did I so maybe that's why.

We took cupcakes for his class - Two packs of Angry Birds and a pack of Cars. The troops (2 kindergarten classes) really seemed to enjoy them. That is one part I actually like about the kids having to go to school during their birthday. It's fun to let them share a bit of their fun with their class. And seeing the colored frosting dyed faces is kinda funny too!

This year, it was a birthday that almost wasn't.  Part of the misbehavior we had before Halloween  had the birthday being threatened too.  But as is usual with my kids, he squeaked it out just in time.  I was so ready to take presents back for a refund, but in the end we got to sit down and watch a Star Wars Lego episode on DVD together and we got to play with his new Disney's Cars set/playmat.  It was a fun evening with large pieces of cake and hyper children - you know, the usual in my house. ;)

Until Next Time...Celebrations don't have to be big to be special.  I think my son (and his family) thoroughly enjoyed him turning six. Next up... My Little Butt turns 3, three short months from yesterday.  Break out the tissues right?

No comments: