Wednesday, May 22, 2013

RAIN RAIN GO AWAY - YOU MADE ME A LIAR ;)

Well, since I am so extremely angry at most of my family at the moment I thought I would write about something other than them.

The relatives were here over the weekend and we wanted to show them some of the cool things here in Casper but what happened?  It rained ALL DAMN WEEKEND! There are a couple of historical sites we wanted to show them, but they were all outdoors so that plan got changed to hanging out inside. Even hanging out inside museums wouldn't have worked because we would get soaked just walking to the car.

Our relatives like good weather, they live in Southern Nevada after all and they are lucky if they see a few inches of rain a year. It was finally getting warm here (we even had a couple of days close to 90) and we were excited we could show them great weather (many relatives wondered why on earth after living in the heat so long, we wanted to move to cold country)  And what happens the day they get here? Rain, rain and more rain and temps in the 40's and 50's. I think they believe we were lying to them when we said it does actually get nice here. We weren't, really, I promise.  Yeah, we don't get into the 100's, 110's, but we get into the high 90's and spring is absolutely beautiful here (once it hits) and we have told the relatives that time and time again, hoping they would come visit.  And then mother nature plays a nasty trick on them/us when they finally get here.

I feel like such a liar. I know I'm not, but I still feel like one.  I hate it when people act selfishly, and put themselves before the greater good, and lie, but I have been living with it daily so I guess I should be used to it. But the fact that the relatives could think I might be lying really, really bothers me. A lot

Oh well, maybe if they come back to visit in another eight years we will actually be able to show them a good time and some great weather! Or maybe we will be living somewhere else. But hopefully it won't be that long!

Until Next Time...Things aren't always going to be perfect, period end of story. No matter how much we hope they will be.  But when it turns out they are, run with it and have a great time! :)


No comments: