Friday, December 6, 2013

WINTER WONDERLAND

So, as most of my regular followers know, I love the cold and I hate the heat. And that is why we moved to Wyoming, to have more of the cold and less of the heat. But when you get to a cold climate, snow usually follows. That's just how it is. No big deal I loved snow - until I had to drive in it in Casper, where the plowing sucks and the school district doesn't cancel school in dangerous situations. But hey, I tolerated it.

Well now I think I have come to the end of my tolerance and it isn't for reasons that you would think. It's not that I don't like the cold. It's not that I'm tired of the beauty. It's not that I want to move to Ketchikan, AK (where it doesn't snow nearly as much as people think) so bad I can barely stand it. It is because I can't walk in the snow anymore.  As most of you know, snow and ice requires you to walk carefully (except for kids and skinny shits who move lightly). Well, that just won't do for me anymore.  Walking carefully while trudging through the snow is doing my pain/hips/knees more damage than falling on ice probably would.

Now here it comes, those people who are going to say - 'I told you so, I told you not to move to a cold climate.' Well this is my message to you. IT ISN'T THE COLD CLIMATE THAT IS BOTHERING ME! It's just the damn snow. If I could find a place that gets really, really cold but doesn't snow, I would be there in a heartbeat. Bah bump, bah bump, bah bump.

I had to get the little's from school myself the other day. The thermometer in my car read 0 degrees. I stood out in it for about 10 minutes, waiting for them and it was actually refreshing. Yes, you heard me right, I said refreshing!!! I feel so alive after I have been out in the cold like that. But the walk to and from the car is what killed me. The plows obviously forgot to come out in our town with this storm because not only did I have to walk through near ankle deep snow on the sidewalks but also on the street in front of the school. ( They are supposedly a high priority for plowing, but not this storm). I have not hurt so bad since the minute I stood up for the first time after my first c-section. It was awful. Not to mention the snow that is in my driveway/yard that I have to herd the little one through a couple of times a day.

So I have come to my end. I must get away from the snow. But I will mourn the extreme cold. I might even be willing to move back home to heatsville since I can't leave the house much anymore anyway, but then again I don't want to mourn the loss of the extreme cold for the rest of my life either. Hmmm. This is something I will have to think about. The two places I want to move are cool and can even get downright cold sometimes so I think that might be our compromise. I will have cool with occasional cold and maybe even the occasional extreme cold day. Yeah, I think I can live with that.  Too bad it will most likely be several years before we can move. Until then, I think I will invent a way to walk on air to get to and from places in the snow.  Hey, that could be a solution. Hmmmm. ;)

Until Next Time... Don't judge people for choices they made when those choices seem to start to go south. When we first moved to cold country I had no clue that my occasional hip/back problems would become permanent or that my migraines would go form pain to aura (which are bothered by the brightness of snow). Therefore, I had no clue that I wouldn't be able to live in cold country for the rest of my life. We didn't make the wrong decision to move here, we made the right one. But it seems there were other plans for us and it will be exciting to see where they take us. <3

No comments: