Monday, January 6, 2014

UPDATES AND OTHER CRAPPY STUFF. ;)

What has been going on with me?  Here are some updates

CAREER: What an adventure I've been having lately with my career. Normally I, would be discouraged and think of giving up. But my writing means way to much to me and those I love so I am sticking it out and I'm going to win this battle.

Tip #1 - Don't trust anyone with your work - especially if they offer to help for free.
Tip #2 - Trust yourself to be able to learn to do stuff yourself
Tip #3 - When you upload something to kindle, make sure they are actually selling people what you uploaded. :/

Wrong files were uploaded - months later I found out about it - uploaded correct version - months later found out incorrect versions were still being downloaded. Sigh....So, when I had my giveaway, most of the 7200 downloads that people got were the incorrect, unedited versions of my first book. Yeah, not a good thing because the reviews can kill ya! After bad versions kept being sold by kindle, I pulled all of my books off the market. I will re release them in hopes that the system has been purged of the bad copies. I will probably slap a 2nd Edition qualifier on them so people will know that they have been re worked. And, while I'm at it, I think I will revise/reedit/reformat all of them.  Why not right?  Make sure that the product going out there is as close to perfect as it's going to get.

FAMILY: We had a great Christmas and New Year despite an illness in the house. At Christmas, Mr Insane had a high fever and a sore throat. When the fever had disappeared, he got a spotty rash. It started to clear up completely and then a couple of fever blisters appeared.

At New Year, Miss Crazy had the sore throat and high fever. After the fever ended she got a splotchy rash and a fever blister. Her rash faded quickly, but now she has red patches under her eyes and on one side of her face.

Little Butt has had a runny nose and a slight cough.

The Sophomore had a sore throat and swollen gums but no fever.

I have had swollen gums and sore teeth for almost two weeks - plus a stuffy nose.

I have absolutely no clue what this virus was, but it was a strange one. Except for the fever Mr Insane and Miss Crazy had, it really wasn't that traumatic.  The fever blisters and rashes just look/looked nasty. All I can say is that I hope it is gone for good.

Despite the illnesses, we had a great time as a family during the holiday season.  I will have pictures soon - I just have to cut certain people (Who don't like having pics taken and shown) out of them.  Thanks for bearing with me while I have been gone.  This thing we call life can sometimes drive you nuts!!!

Until Next Time...Enjoy your life now that the holidays are over, because before you know it, they will be back!!! Stay happy, healthy, and warm with this crazy winter! <3 <3 <3

No comments: